[mapserver-users] RASTER CLASSES AND QUERY ERROR

simone.frigerio simone.frigerio at unimib.it
Fri Jan 9 05:39:58 EST 2009

Dear all,
I had some problem to visualize a GRID ESRI, but it was
solved passing through a geodatabase, importing the GRID
and extracting like other type of raster (img raster in my
case).
The layer was correctly visualized in the map.
But at this level I want to check two points:

- if I have a DEM for example (resolution 1 meter) and I
want to visualize it with this same resolution, how I can
define the class and the the style? The range of height
goes from 900 m to 1324 m, but I can not create a class
for every meter! Is there a way to represent in continous
this range in the map?

- for the query on this layer, I proceed in this way: I
have an .img image raster  and an associated table with a
field "VALUE" with height value, "COUNT" with number of
pixel and "OGC_FID", created for the metadata necessary
for query.
This is a part of the table:

VALUE COUNT OGC_FID
900   4073    0
901   13132   1
902   7475    2
...   ....  ...

And this is a part of the mapfile referred to query on
raster:
LAYER
     NAME "DEM"
     TYPE raster