[mapserver-users] Problem with MS101 demo

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sun Jan 11 13:53:49 EST 2009

boesiii wrote:
> http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2142314/ms101_demo.png
>
> I have gone through all the examples and still can't get the final html code
> to work.  I attached a picture of what I get when I open
> "file:///C:/ms4w/apps/ms101/htdocs/ms101final.html" in my browser.
>
> What could I be doing wrong?
>
> I need to get a working demo of a dynamic page so I can modify with my own
> conteent.

I think you need to have apache running on your box and you need to
access the file via apache like:

http://localhost/ms101final.html

You may need to fix the url based on where and how it is installed under
apache. If you have the browser access the file using file:///.... then
it will not run mapserver as a cgi-bin.

-Steve W