[mapserver-users] GPX format supported?

bean at warbaby.com bean at warbaby.com
Sun Jan 11 20:54:26 EST 2009

  Hello,

I am building an application with Mapserver 5.20. I am trying to
include the ability for a local user to display GPX files downloaded
from their GPS unit. I compiled OGR and Mapserver with the latest
version of expat. I have found very few examples of how to write this
layer and have ad no success in displaying the data. I have verified
the GPX XML and have tried KML files as well.

Has anyone had any luck with this feature? I have included the layer
from the mapfile. It currently fails to parse on "LABELITEM" if that
is removed it fails on "CLASS".

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank You,
Bean

  LAYER
     NAME 'GPS'
     TYPE POINT
     CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
     CONNECTION
'/Applications/MAMP/d/DATA/NonGrassFiles/GPX/gpsbabel_output.gpx'
     DATA 'Waypoints'
     STATUS ON
     DEBUG 5
     OPACITY 100