[mapserver-users] Querymap with raster layer active

Ben Madin ben at remoteinformation.com.au
Tue Jan 13 21:55:09 EST 2009

G'day all,

It just occurred to me (slow night) that when I click on a point that
has a template set on a number of layers of data, if one of them is a
raster the querymap is not generated.

So for instance, if I have a movement line (top layer)  with a
population density raster underneath, when I click on the point I get
the information about the movement and the information about the
population density, but no map.

If I turn the raster off, I get the map.

I've read the documtation and know querymaps don't work with rasters
(understandably), but I was surprised I get nothing for any of the
other layers.

Have I missed something - is it be possible to make it such that it
ignores the querymap directive for raster layers, and just paints the
normal layer with the vector layers highlighted (but still return the
pixel values from the raster at that point for the query results).

That way I could have my map segments  (not highlighted here
obviously!) next to my psuedo-legend on the query results page: