[mapserver-users] map server wms request

cemre yilmaz cemre.yilmaz at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 09:47:18 EST 2009

Hello everybody;

I am trying to learn how WMS working with cmpatible with MapServer. So I set
up MapServer OGC workshop package. But I have a problem when I want to send
WMS Get capabilities request, there is a wndow asking me if I want to save
mapserv.exe or run it. In mapserver documnetation there is written that
problem can be solved by *"You could configure your web browser to handle the
application/vnd.ogc.wms_xml MIME type a certain way (i.e.open in Notepad,
etc.)." *

*What should I do for configuring my browser? If you know please write me as
soon as possible it is very urgent for me.*

*Thanks Cemre Y. **

*