[mapserver-users] label FOLLOW and OFFSET

Tim Norris tibben at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Sat Jan 31 15:45:33 EST 2009

Hi all,

I have been playing with the FOLLOW label directive. What I am trying to
achieve is a label that follows the street that is also OFFSET so that
the label does not land on the line for the street, but instead 'above'
it. Below is the LABEL directives that I am using, but note that I have
also tried using the POSITION UC as well as the OFFSET 0 -6, but both
give the same results. Please see the attached JPG image, you can see
that 'M PARDO' is correct but that 'JR JUNIN' is not.

       LABEL
         COLOR 0 0 0
         OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
         TYPE TRUETYPE
         FONT ArialBold
         SIZE 7
         ANTIALIAS TRUE
         ANGLE FOLLOW
         PARTIALS FALSE
         MINFEATURESIZE 40
         MINDISTANCE 50
         OFFSET 0 -6
         BUFFER 7
       END

Any ideas as to why this is not working? I took a quick look in
maplabel.c, but could not see anything obvious . . .

thanks
tim

Tim Norris