[mapserver-users] R

David Nugent davidn at datalinktech.com.au
Fri Jun 12 02:50:24 EDT 2009

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 16:03:41 +1000, Thomas Bonfort
<thomas.bonfort at camptocamp.com> wrote:

> you can have a look at how bridges are done on the wiki page that
> accompanies the map on the mapserver.org frontpage (there's a bridge
> right south of the sydney exhibition center when you zoom in to the
> closest level, not sure why some don't show up on motorways). That,
> coupled with start/end geotransform should get quite close to what you
> want.

Thanks Thomas,

The geomtransform is ok on straight stretches but otherwise I'll consider
it a work in progress - it generally looks poor on curved stretches of
road. :-) I may well have to do with the thicker outlines similar to the
demo map or make them smaller or something.

Since the wiki is pretty much broken now (moved, unchanged base href and
so on), I'm assuming the outline was done with a filled "bar" symbol with
negative gap under the road line since it looks similar to the solution I
eventually wound up with to get the borders without closing the ends of
the segments.

Regards,
David