[mapserver-users] Displaying maps on the mobile

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Jun 12 07:21:57 EDT 2009

Hi,

A few years ago I had a try with MapLab by creating an MapLab application using pure http controls for zooming and panning.  It worked fine with mobile device I had that time (iPaq and another PDA that was running on .NET 4.0) over first generation GPRS connection.  MapLab is gone but if you adjust the SIZE in the mapfile to suit the screen size of the mobile device the image file size should not be any problem.

-Jukka Rahkonen-