[mapserver-users] AGG vs GD rendering shows no difference

Adrian Popa adrian_gh.popa at romtelecom.ro
Tue Jun 16 02:19:24 EDT 2009

Hello everybody,

I've just upgraded my testbed to mapserver 5.4 and converted my mapfile
to use AGG as output instead of GD. I was looking to "smooth-out" some
lines that don't look verry well in my map.

Unfortunatelly, the map doesn't show any difference (from the GD
rendered version) - so I wonder if I'm missing something obvious.

The original mapfile had rendering set up like this:
IMAGETYPE PNG

while the new mapfile has rendering set up like this:
IMAGETYPE PNG
OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME 'AGG'
    DRIVER AGG/PNG
    IMAGEMODE RGB
END

The images I have attached show 2 line layers with different widths (and
colors). My main problem is that the thicker layer breaks the lines when
the lines bend. I was hoping AGG would solve this (but perhaps it isn't
its job?).

Please let me know if my setup seems correct and the output is what
should be expected, or if I should look for something else. If AGG isn't
supposed to fix the broken line aspect - is there a way to fix it?

Regards,
Adrian