[mapserver-users] AGG vs GD rendering shows no difference

Adrian Popa adrian_gh.popa at romtelecom.ro
Tue Jun 16 08:25:40 EDT 2009

Hello David,

I got the 500 errors from the http error log file. Unfortunately no
additional information is provided.
I added the MS_ERRORFILE and DEBUG statements to my map file and
although the errorfile is created, I don't get any other information
(neither when the map loads perfectly, nor when it dies with premature
end of script headers.

I read RFC 28 (http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-28.html) and
they specified that the server should be compiled with
-DENABLE_STDERR_DEBUG, so I recompiled mapserver:
CFLAGS=-DENABLE_STDERR_DEBUG ./configure  --with-freetype --with-png
--with-agg=../agg-2.5 --with-proj --with-ogr --with-gdal --with-xml2
--with-wfs --with-wcs --with-wmsclient --with-wfsclient --with-postgis
--with-threads --with-sos --with-mygis --with-geos --with-tiff

I used the new binary and unfortunately nothing changed :(

My (relevant part of the) mapfile looks like this:

MAP

  CONFIG  "MS_ERRORFILE"
"/tmp/mapserver.log"

  CONFIG  "MS_DEBUGLEVEL"