[mapserver-users] AGG vs GD rendering shows no difference

David Nugent davidn at datalinktech.com.au
Tue Jun 16 07:24:13 EDT 2009

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 20:58:22 +1000, Adrian Popa
<adrian_gh.popa at romtelecom.ro> wrote:

> Thank you for your suggestion.
>
> I have corrected the mapfile ( added IMAGETYPE 'AGG'), however, when I
> try to load the map, I get a 500 web server error:
>
> [Tue Jun 16 13:43:25 2009] [error] [client 80.97.196.77] Premature end
> of script headers: mapserv, referer: http://terra/msmap/testmap.pl
>
> It seems to me that mapserv dies and doesn't output any headers back.
> How could I find out the error message?

The first place to check is the web server log. HTTP errors (and 500 is
one) are usually visible there. I'm guessing that mapserver has a problem
parsing the map file and you can usually discover the line it is having a
problem with in the web server's log.

The second level of logging is:

     CONFIG "MS_ERRORFILE" "path_to_mapserver.log"

which provides more detail, but you usually have to configure DEBUG ON (or
DEBUG 1-5) as well for this to be useful.

Regards,
David