[mapserver-users] HTML Legend vs Transparency in Layer

Steven Lehr lehrs at erau.edu
Wed Jun 17 03:16:52 EDT 2009

Hello all...

When categorizing layers like zoning, I frequently use levels of transparency (obviously so people can see through them).   However, this alters the physical color compared to the COLOR attribute of the item being displayed.  When I generate the Legend, the legend use the COLOR attribute specified, but does not use the transparency setting from the LAYER; thus causing the legend to look different from the maps.  Is there away to fix this?  Can the Legend generated from the LAYER also apply the TRANSPARENCY so that the legend looks like the map.

Thanks for the tips/help.

Steve Lehr