[mapserver-users] Problems in MS4W

Ben Madin ben at remoteinformation.com.au
Wed Jun 17 07:38:50 EDT 2009

G'day,

On 17/06/2009, at 12:00 AM, Phalguni Pal wrote:

> I have installed MS4W in XP- OS (C:\ms4w) as administrator in my
> machine. And Mapserver is replying  "No query information to decode.
> QUERY_STRING is set, but empty"  form 'http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?'
> . But when I tried to access a map file (C:\mapdata\cities.map), the
> mapserver  gave error like "msLoadMap(): Unable to access file. (C:
> \mapdata\cities.map) ". The same file is korking in anothe machine
> with XP.
>
> Any suggestion is welcome.

Assuming (...) that you are calling http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C
:\mapdata\cities.map&mode=browse (or something like that) I would
guess it means that it can't access the file... so check that:

the file is where it is meant to be, and
that the permissions on the folder will allow the webserver to access
it.

I'm not sure what the ms4w layout is, but try moving the mapfile into
the htdocs directory if there are permissions problems. you will need
to supply a little more information if you want a little more help.

good luck..

Ben

--

Ben Madin