[mapserver-users] Mapserver 5.4.1 for MS4W??

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Jun 22 18:11:26 EDT 2009

Problem resolved. This was a weird one in my book. I turns out that the
mapfile got corrupted somehow. The mapfile was good on my linux system
it was zipped up and sent to the windows system. We had to edit the
SHAPEPATH, FONTSET and SYMBOLSET values in wordpad. Somewhere along the
line 5 random characters in the mapfile got corrupted. Below is the good
  mapfile from my linux system that worked. On the windows version the
SIZE 12 got changed to SIZE ?2

Any after spending all day transferring my build stuff to the windows
server and getting it to build there I finally got a working mapserv.exe
based on 5.4.1 and it generated the same error below. Since I was logged
into the Windows box, I was decided to edit the mapfile to work around
the problem, and noticed the corrupted line. Fixed it and reran the test
... four more times fixing additional corrupt lines and it finally
worked, 5 minutes before the box had to be powered down and moved to the
coloc center.

So I didn't get a change to retest with ms4w and mapserver-5.4.0-RC2
with the repaired mapfile and won't have a chance before next week
sometime if I can get access then.

So on a side note, I have some questions about building stuff on windows
if anyone with knowledge would like to contact me off list, I would
appreciate the chance for a few questions.

Thanks,
   -Steve