[mapserver-users] Compiling MapServer

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jun 23 12:03:11 EDT 2009

Thomas Bonfort wrote:
> Frank,
>
> We already had a dependency on libpng and libjpg through GD (as gd
> isn't statically linked against those). How can the direct dependency
> be causing any more problems than the actual situation ?

Tomas,

Well, I believe now mapserver itself needs libjpeg and libpng include files
which was not necessarily the case before.  I also had a copy of GD on
win32 that apparently had libjpeg and libpng embedded, but on a recent
build discovered I needed also to provide real libjpeg and libpng
libraries to link MapServer.

I'm not saying it is a particularly serious issue, but it has already
thrown me for a loop.

Best regards,