[mapserver-users] PHP/Mapscript CLASS TEXT

Charlotte Declercq c.declercq at alkante.com
Fri Jun 26 07:20:12 EDT 2009

Hello

I have an annotation layer on which I want to be able to draw labels.

Here is the layer :

LAYER
    CLASSITEM "Id_BDCarto"
    CONNECTION "Limites_administratives/Departement.TAB"
    CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
    LABELITEM "Nom_Département"
    LABELMAXSCALEDENOM 1e+07
    LABELMINSCALEDENOM 1990
    METADATA
      "LAYER_TITLE"    "departement"
      "GI_ARBO_ORDRE"    "1"
      "TYPE_SYMBO"    "PROPORTIONAL"
      "ECHELLE_LEGENDE"    "ON"
      "CLASS_LEGENDE"    "ON"
    END
    NAME "layer2"
    STATUS ON
    SYMBOLSCALEDENOM 312411
    TYPE ANNOTATION
    UNITS METERS
    CLASS
      NAME "departement"
      LABEL
        ANGLE 0.000000
        ANTIALIAS TRUE
        FONT "Arial"
        MAXSIZE 256
        MINSIZE 4
        SIZE 8
        TYPE TRUETYPE
        BUFFER 0
        COLOR 0 0 0
        FORCE FALSE
        MINDISTANCE -1
        MINFEATURESIZE -1
        OFFSET 1 1
        PARTIALS TRUE
        POSITION CC
        SHADOWCOLOR 0 0 0
        SHADOWSIZE 0 0
      END
      STYLE
        ANGLE 360
        COLOR 232 246 9
        OPACITY 100
        SIZE [Id_BDCarto]
        SYMBOL "Carre"
      END
      TEXT " "
    END
  END

With TEXT = " ", the layer is drawn without the labels. If TEXT property
is present, I am unable to draw the labels,
because I can't remove the TEXT property and I can't find a way to write
TEXT [attribute_name] with mapscript (do the binding as for example
$oStyle->setbinding(MS_STYLE_BINDING_SIZE, "FIELD_NAME")).

Anyone has solution :
- to remove the TEXT property ?
- to set the TEXT property with the attribute ?

Thanks,

--
Charlotte DECLERCQ

ALKANTE SAS