[mapserver-users] Tile indexes

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Mar 13 12:38:24 EDT 2009

Cassiel,

Hopefully you will get some additional suggestions from people that use
rasters more than I :)

The SHAPEPATH, TILEINDEX, and location values all interact in often
mysterious ways for me. What I typically do to get things to work is:

SHAPEPATH "/path/to/data/project/"

TILEINDEX "images"

location values:
"./path/to/image.tif"

Where images.shp is located in "/path/to/data/project/" and
"./path/to/image.tif" is relative and down from SHAPEPATH

I often use symlinks to separate physical locations from logical locations.

Hope this helps,
   -Steve W