[mapserver-users] I: Apache crash using Mapserver with big mapfile(about 2500 lines)

ritesh ambastha ritesh.linux at gmail.com
Fri May 15 13:17:44 EDT 2009

Hey,

Larger size of mapfile is not the culprit over here. I have used mapfile of
more than 20K lines. Issue is something else. I don't know much about it but
it seems like you have a glibc version conflict on your box. But, I am sure
and 100% confident that mapfile size is not an issue.

When you get warnings like "glibc detected malloc()/free()/double", they
indicate that the heap has been corrupted. One work around is to use
DieHard, which replaces your memory allocator with one that is unaffected by
most of these errors (www.diehard-software.org).

Note: "I dont work for DieHard. I just got some reference of it on web"

Regards,
Ritesh Ambastha