[mapserver-users] openlayers in vs2005 website

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Sat May 23 08:17:05 EDT 2009

meenu wrote:

> dears,i created one website using mapserver in vs2005 ...now i need to
> know how can i do openlayers in this same website....is it possible?in
> this same website i need to display one map with tooltip(hotspot)
> information....for that purpose can anybody tell me how to bind open
> layers in vs2005 website application?

if you use OpenLayer you need to expose your mapfile as a WMS or WFS, but if
you have placed some business logic using mapscript in ASP .NET (ex to make
joins, to selectively exclude features...) you wouldn't be able to use your
code.
Basically depends on what you want to perform with your app and MapServer

best regards