[mapserver-users] openlayers in vs2005 website

sunny74 sb.ray at hotmail.com
Sun May 24 02:58:21 EDT 2009

Paolo Corti wrote:

> meenu wrote:
>>
>> dears,i created one website using mapserver in vs2005 ...now i need to
>> know how can i do openlayers in this same website....is it possible?in
>> this same website i need to display one map with tooltip(hotspot)
>> information....for that purpose can anybody tell me how to bind open
>> layers in vs2005 website application?
>>

> if you use OpenLayer you need to expose your mapfile as a WMS or WFS, but
> if you have placed some business logic using mapscript in ASP .NET (ex to
> make joins, to selectively exclude features...) you wouldn't be able to
> use your code.
> Basically depends on what you want to perform with your app and MapServer
>
> best regards

Hi Paolo,

I am trying to use Mapserver to display map using your article for the last
few days but without success.I am stuck with one error or another.
Pls have a look at my post and reply:

http://n2.nabble.com/display-map-on-aspx-page-td2950436.html#a2957638
http://n2.nabble.com/display-map-on-aspx-page-td2950436.html#a2957638

I want to use openlayers javascript library for doing operations like pan
zoom, rectangular select,tooltip etc.
Pls tell me in detail i.e step by step. I am looking for detailed
guidance/support in respect of this map display and I am ready for
alternative arrangement other than this forum.
If you r ready for alternative arrangement pls let me know I shall give u my
email id.

Pls reply ASAP.