[mapserver-users] outputformat problem in mapfile

王连波 happyforev1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 03:14:56 EST 2009

hello all,
I want to display a raster JPEG picture (about 100M) in ka-map through
mapserver. However, when I set the outputformat to PNG or GIF in the
mapfile, it looks ugly when zoomed out. It is a little better to use JPEG,
although it is clear as the origin picture only being zoomed in enough. If I
use JPEG as the output format, there is another problem ---only the layer
above others can be displayed (I want to display all chosen layers). Any
body can help me? Some codes about the raster layer in my mapfile are as
following:

IMAGETYPE jpeg
OUTPUTFORMAT
NAME jpeg
DRIVER "GD/JPEG"
MIMETYPE "image/jpeg"
IMAGEMODE RGBA
EXTENSION "jpg"
TRANSPARENT on
FORMATOPTION QUALITY=100      #value=0-100
END
layer
name test
type raster
status on
data "data/20km.jpg"
class
name "outline"
outlinecolor  255 0 0
end
end
end
BTW, I can not set class name as Chinese characters, otherwise it will
become disorderly codes in ka-map. Any suggestion are welcome. My operating
system is FreeBSD7.1Release, my locale is UTF-8.

--
天道酬勤