[mapserver-users] long expression statement doesn'tworkanymore

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Nov 17 01:20:58 EST 2009

See ticket 2123 for an explanation of how this bug occurred... (http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/2123)

Steve

>>> "Steve Lime" <Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us> 11/17/09 12:01 AM >>>
I was just checking out Rafael's test case. I thought it might be a lexer buffer length
issue but at lease with my version of flex the entire expression string gets loaded. In
the test case the expression is 23K long, a good test.

Further testing shows the problem is in the parser (bison). It seems to have a maximum
token size of 1024 (including \0) so anything after character 1023 is truncated.

Now, how to fix...

Steve

>>> "Worth Lutz" <wal3 at mindspring.com> 11/12/09 4:22 PM >>>
Steve,

Did the test case Rafael Szajbel sent you which show this problem?  I now
have a major problem in my new PHP mapscript application with this.  I can
get lots of parcels selected but once the number gets over about 94 with
each parcel id being 10 characters long, I start loosing the end.  I can
confirm that the last ones are missing.  My test case does not work for
postgres layers or shapefiles so the problem must be in the expression
handling on mapserver.  I am inserting a class in my layer and setting the
expression in the form "([tag]' in '1324567543,1234567645,8766544444')".
Once I exceed a certain limit, parcels are not being highlighted.

I think I could peel out a test case if you have not seen it yet.