[mapserver-users] fatal error on linux server

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Nov 18 08:57:42 EST 2009

As Francesco indicated, the primary error in this case is that the file
/home/bleketux/public_html/cmh2/mapserver/shp/KB_ACEH.shp cannot be opened.

Make sure the file exists at that location, and that it is readable by
the user running the Apache. hint: check the permissions on /home/bleketux

Daniel

francesco wrote:
> Should check your mapfile if it is correctly parsed by the mapscritpt.
> Try drawing the mapfile using standard mapserver.exe and see if it works.
> Francesco Pirotti
>
> MSulchan Darmawan ha scritto:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I've made a PHP script and tried it on windows using ms4w (mapserver
>> 5.4.2) and it's completely works.
>> Then I tried it on linux (ubuntu server 8.04 with mapserver 5.4.2) but
>> it produce the following error :
>>
>> Warning: [MapServer Error]: msDrawMap(): Failed to draw layer named
>> 'aceh'.
>> in /home/bleketux/public_html/cmh2/_modules/mod_petazm/frm_petazm.php
>> on line 184
>>
>> Warning: [MapServer Error]: msShapefileOpen(): (KB_ACEH.shp)
>> in /home/bleketux/public_html/cmh2/_modules/mod_petazm/frm_petazm.php
>> on line 184
>>
>> Warning: [MapServer Error]: msShapefileOpen():
>> (/home/bleketux/public_html/cmh2/mapserver/shp/KB_ACEH.shp)
>> in /home/bleketux/public_html/cmh2/_modules/mod_petazm/frm_petazm.php
>> on line 184
>>
>> Fatal error: Call to a member function SaveWebImage() on a non-object
>> in /home/bleketux/public_html/cmh2/_modules/mod_petazm/frm_petazm.php
>> on line 185
>>
>> Here is some script of line 180 - 185 :
>>
>> $strProj = "proj=latlong,ellps=WGS84,datum=WGS84";
>> $objMap->SetProjection ($strProj, MS_FALSE);
>> $objMap->outputformat->Set ("name", "Format GIF");
>> $objMap->outputformat->Set ("extension", "gif");
>> $objImagePeta = $objMap->Draw();
>> $objUrlPeta     = $objImagePeta->SaveWebImage();
>>
>> To avoid permission problem, i've set chmod 777 to the root web folder.
>> Can you point me where should I fix the problem ?
>> Thanks in advance.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/