[mapserver-users] Problems with SLD

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Nov 18 11:22:02 EST 2009

David Alda Fernandez de Lezea wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm quite new in MapServer, and I'm trying to apply some SLD's to a
> polygon layer served via WMS with MapServer, and I want these ploygons
> to have some transparency, and I specify the field fill-opacity to 0.5
> but in the returned image the polygon is filled with opacity = 1. What
> could be happening??
>
> Thanks.

David,

 The fill-opacity parameter should be supported as MapServer version
5.2. Note also that style level opacity is only available through the
AGG format.  If both these cases are met and you still have an issue,
you can send me/point me to your sld and I can give it a quick look.

regards,

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: assefa at dmsolutions.ca