[mapserver-users] mapserver and PAL

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Nov 18 18:29:20 EST 2009

It hasn't to date. The polygon orientation options look especially useful.  However, it only supports 4 point
locations though (MapServer does 9) and doesn't support curved label placement. On the surface there's a
lot of overlap between PAL and the stock label placement code. Would be interesting to see the same map
labeled by both for visual and speed comparisons.

I think any effort in this area would need to be spearheaded by a particularly interested user, organization
and/or developer. If there were significant improvements demonstrated over the existing engine then that
would help things.

Steve

<e12429640911181255i1b7188c6m232ffd232593f2c9 at mail.gmail.com>, "G. Allegri"