[mapserver-users] understanding behind the GetFeatureInfo...

Martin Ouellet geomartino at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 10:57:45 EST 2009

Daniel,

You're right, the template is acting as the controller for the html format
so there's no need to put the include/exclude items on top of it.  I
was just trying to found out the safest (and the easiest) way to control my
data before exposing it.

In a real case scenario, if a table structure beyond a layer change, I will
have to modify the html template but also all the wms|ows|gml include items.
 It's not such a big deal but since we have around 300 layer to maintain, It
would been convenient to have a unique list of field to updated.  It would
also reduce the risk of error (ex: allowing one field in the gml mode but
not in the html mode)

thanks again Daniel for your comments.

MartinO