[mapserver-users] understanding behind the GetFeatureInfo...

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Nov 19 09:47:42 EST 2009

Martin Ouellet wrote:

> 3) GetFeatureInfo with INFO_FORMAT=text/html
> Result: the only required tag is TEMPLATE (a dummy file will return no
> data).  But if you supply a valid html template, ALL the field will be
> returned because the METADATA tag ows_<include|exclude>_items
> or wms_<include|exclude>_items are ignored.  So if my layer is a Oracle
> spatial table, I must then create a view to expose only the field I
> want.  Would it be relevant to control the field with the
> "wms_include_items" tag ? Is there a reason why is not working that way?

When you use a HTML template, it is the template itself that controls
which fields are returned, so I am not sure to understand the benefit of
supporting the include/exclulde items on top of that.

Are you saying that there is a situation where all the fields end up
being unexpectedly dumped into the template out of your control? Maybe
there is a hidden feature I am not aware of in the template processor,
if that's the case then could you please elaborate?

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/