[mapserver-users] WMSGetFeautureInfo

Peter Huis in 't Veld perico1970 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 15:53:04 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a WMS service with the possibility to obtain a
popup containing the feature items.

the components I''m using is:
- Openlayer
- Mapserver

Testing it I can visualize all items but I get the following error message :

Message: Object doesn't support this property or method
Line: 229
Char: 9
Code: 0
URI: http://myserver/lib/OpenLayers/Handler/Feature.js

Looking at the code it looks like it has something to with the
evalaution of the mouse click event

I've three questions:
- Could someone explain a bit more about this error?
- Should I stick with WMS or should I use WFS?
- Does someone has some advice what might cause a problem based on the
code snippet underneath?

Thanks in advance for any support

Peter

--------------------
Within in my webpage I've some javascript looking like:

   function init() {
         info = {
           click: new OpenLayers.Control.WMSGetFeatureInfo({
            'url': 'http://cccc',
            'title': 'Identify features by clicking',
            'layers': "test",
            'queryVisible': true
           })};
        for (var i in info) {
            info[i].events.register("getfeatureinfo", this, showInfo);
            map.addControl(info[i]);
        }

      info.click.activate();
   }

    function showInfo(evt) {
        if (evt.features && evt.features.length) {
             highlightLayer.destroyFeatures();
             highlightLayer.addFeatures(evt.features);
             highlightLayer.redraw();
        } else {
            $('responseText').innerHTML = evt.text;
        }
    }

In mapserver I've defined the layer and all wms_... parameters
LAYER

  METADATA
      "wms_title" "IVS90 Stremmingen"
      "wms_include_items" "all"
       "wms_feature_info_mime_type" "text/html"
   END

  TYPE POINT
  TOLERANCE 10
  TOLERANCEUNITS kilometers