R: Re: [mapserver-users] Mapserver 5.2.1 ignores WMS requests for versionafter 1.1.1

fla83tn at libero.it fla83tn at libero.it
Tue Nov 24 05:59:03 EST 2009

Thank you all for the replies,
I thought it too but from the site I didn't
manage to find the windows binaries.
Since I have to use mapserver on a windows
machine, how could I get the Mapserver 5.4 binaries
without compiling the
sources..?

Best regards,
Flavio

>Hi,
>
>Your version is too old:
>" Version
5.4.0-beta1 (2009-02-18):
>     WMS 1.3.0 support added (#473)"
>
>So you will
need 5.4 version for WMS 1.3.0

>-Jukka Rahkonen-
>
>fla83tn at libero.it wrote:

>> Hi to all,
>> I've just donwloaded mapserver binaries for windows (http:
//maptools.
>> org/dl/ms4w/ms4w-2.3.1-setup.exe).
>>
>> The output of mapserv -
v is:

>> MapServer
>> version 5.2.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG
OUTPUT=WBMP
>> OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG

SUPPORTS=FREETYPE

>> SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER

>> SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
>>
>> SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER
>> SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER
>>
>> SUPPORTS=FASTCGI
SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS
>> SUPPORTS=RGBA_PNG INPUT=JPEG

INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

>> I succesfully
installed all
>> the stuff but when I try to get a WMS 1.3.0 getCapabilities

>> response the Mapservers, it seems to ignore the version
>> parameter (if it
is > 1.1.1).
>> For
>> example, if I try to get a 1.3.0 response from the
embedded
>> Gmap example you can observe that the response is not of type

1.3.0. Just try:

>> http:
>> //localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:
\Program%
>> 20Files\ms4w\apps\gmap\htdocs\gmap75.map&service=wms&version=1.3.0

>> &request=getCapabilities
>>
>> What you'll see is that the response will
contain something like:
>> <WMT_MS_Capabilities version="1.1.1">

Unfortunately this fact
>> occurs for all maps of mine, also with the simplest
one,
>> without any layer! Any
>>
>> ideas?
>>

>> Best regards,