[mapserver-users] Black background with palette

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Mon Nov 30 10:14:31 EST 2009

Hi,

== problem ==

  I'm pretty sure I saw this problem on the list somewhere, but I
couldn't find the actual thread so here it is : while using
agg & palette option, when there's no data to draw, instead of having
the backgroundcolor drawn it's all black instead.

  How can I go around this problem ?

== my actual need ==

  I want to produce smaller images.  Currently, my getMap renders a 66K
png image.  With the palette, it's down to 17K but with a black background.

== ouputformat definition ==

    OUTPUTFORMAT
                NAME aggpng24
                DRIVER AGG/PNG
                MIMETYPE "image/png"
                IMAGEMODE RGB
                EXTENSION "png"
                FORMATOPTION "INTERLACE=OFF"
                FORMATOPTION "PALETTE_FORCE=ON"
                FORMATOPTION "PALETTE=/my/path/mypalette.txt"
                TRANSPARENT ON
                FORMATOPTION "TRANSPARENT=ON"
    END

--