[mapserver-users] Using nquery/mapxy/TOLERANCE/TOLERANCEUNITS

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Thu Oct 1 11:49:46 EDT 2009

   I'd like someone to confirm my understanding of using
nquery/mapxy/TOLERANCE/TOLERANCEUNITS.

   GeoMoose v1.6 sets mapxy and imgext (along with mode=nquery and imgsize) CGI
variables when doing an "Identify Feature" operation.  I'd like to use
TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS (and TOLERANCE 3) for my point layer because I think it's
more intuitive over a range of scales (as opposed to TOLERANCEUNITS METERS,
TOLERANCE 500).

   This is not possible as using Mapserver's mapxy requires the map file to have
TOLERANCEUNITS METERS to work properly.  If I want to use TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS,
I must use imgxy instead of mapxy because mapserver does not do the conversion
from mapxy mapping coords to imgxy image coords.

Is this correct?

Thanks!
Brent Fraser