[mapserver-users] WMS GetFeatureInfo beyond scale

seis4web at web.de seis4web at web.de
Tue Oct 6 02:53:54 EDT 2009

Hi David,
hi list,

thank you very much for the reply. I already use scale-dependent layers. That's why I believe I can't organize my "data as scale-dependent classes within one layer instead of as various separate layers in a group" .  But I'm not sure - so please have a look at my data structure below (or in the attached file - part of my mapfile):

I have got a WMS displaying earthquake data for the last 12 month (GROUP A), last month (GROUP B), the last 7 days (GROUP C) and the actual (latest) earthquake (GROUP D).

Each group has got a couple of scale-dependent layers (A_a,  A_b, A_c; B_a, B_b ...). I've grouped the layers because all layers displaying earthquake events from e.g. the last 12 month should appear as just one layer.

Each layer has got several magnitude-dependent classes, as the earthquake dots should increase when zooming into the application.

  LAYER
 	NAME "A_a"
 	GROUP "A"
        MAXSCALE 10000000
        MINSCALE 4000000
        CLASS
	   NAME "Magnitude > 3 - 3.499"
	   EXPRESSION ([mag] > 3 AND [mag] < 3.499)
 	   STYLE
 	     SYMBOL "circle"
 	       SIZE 9
 	       COLOR 255 165 0
 	       OUTLINECOLOR 255 0 0
 	     END
	 END
	 CLASS
 	   NAME "Magnitude > 3.5 - 3.999"
	   EXPRESSION ([mag] > 3.5 AND [mag] < 3.999)
	   STYLE
 	     SYMBOL "circle"
 	     SIZE 10
 	     COLOR 255 165 0