[mapserver-users] Re: Generating a world file from extent and scale

Pavel Iacovlev iacovlev.pavel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 05:43:55 EDT 2009

Ok I have some progress on the problem I found a
post(http://openlayers.org/pipermail/users/2007-September/003023.html)
by Arnd Wippermann and he wrote the scales factors for various units:

Factors:
inches - 1
ft - 12
mi - 63360
m - 39.3701
km - 39370.1
dd - 4374754
in - 1

So now I can compute the width and height of the image pass to
mapserver and generate the image I want at a given scale. Is this
approach correct from geodetic point of view ?

--
http://iap.md, The future is open