[mapserver-users] Print template and WMS

Ruby minerdiggins at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 15:20:06 EDT 2009

Greetings,

I employ a print function via javascript button in an HTML map template. The
print template produces a higher resolution version of the existing map in a
new window. The print form I am using works perfectly except for my single
WMS client layer, all other layers display except this one. The WMS layer
displays correctly in my main map window. The tmp file image does not
include the WMS data.

Can anyone please guide me in including the WMS data in my print template? I
would rather not call the WMS server again for my print template as
connections to this server are very slow. All other data is stored locally.

Below are my javascript call button and the HTML print template.

<script language="javascript">
  function printmap() {
    var url =
"http:/localhost:8888/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=[map]&mapext=[mapext]&layers=[layers]&map_web=TEMPLATE+pgs/print.html&mapsize=1500+1182";
    // alert(url);
    window.open(url);
  }

<title>Print Map</title>
      <input type="hidden" name="imageurl" value="localhost:8888/tmp/">
      <input type="hidden" name="layer" value="checked">
          <input name="img" type="image" src="http://localhost:8888[img]"
                   width=1500 height=1182 border=0>

Thank You,
bean