[mapserver-users] OGC Compliance

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Oct 8 09:41:26 EDT 2009

Elavazhagan. M wrote:

> Can someone please clarify whether MapServer is currently OGC Compliant?
> Because, I was able to find “UMN MapServer” only under “Implementing
> Products” at OGC website.

"OGC Compliant" for which spec? You'd have to be more specific.

MapServer 5.6 (currently in beta) passes all the tests for WMS 1.1.1 and
1.3.0 and we plan on getting the formal certificates from OGC after the
5.6 release. So today, even though we pass all the tests (and have for
several releases), MapServer is only "Implementing" and in a few weeks
it will be "Compliant" for those two specs.

Tests are also underway for several other specs. A complete summary is
available at:
  http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/wiki/MapServerOGCCITECompliance

Daniel
--