[mapserver-users] OGC Compliance

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Oct 8 10:03:26 EDT 2009

My answer to them would be that MapServer has passed the CITE tests for
WMS 1.1.1 for several releases but we just didn't get the paperwork done
to get the official stamp from OGC. MapServer 5.6 also passes the tests
for WMS 1.3.0 and we plan on getting the official certificate from OGC
after the 5.6 release, so the project should have the "Certified OGC
Compliant" mark on its website in the coming months.

WFS and WCS are another story, GeoServer has them, but we still need
work to pass all the tests so that won't be in 5.6.

Daniel

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/