[mapserver-users] MapServer CGI GdalWarp parameter passing

Heiko Schröter schroete at iup.physik.uni-bremen.de
Fri Oct 16 03:41:16 EDT 2009

> MapServer does not use gdalwarp or it's underlying algorithm.  these

Frank,

hm, probably i got the docs mixed up because of the 'geospatial raster formats' line at GDAL/OGR.
Could a clear hint make it into the docs, please ?
(Because i've been trying hard to get gdalwarp up and running in the first place. Blind me.)

Thanks for your reply.
Heiko

From the docs:
PROJ.4:
Proj.4 provides on-the-fly projection support to MapServer. Users whose data are in different projection systems can use this library to reproject into a common projection. It is also required for WMS, WFS or WCS services.
GDAL/OGR:
The GDAL/OGR library allows MapServer to read a variety of geospatial raster formats (GDAL) and vector formats (OGR). It can be downloaded at http://www.gdal.org/.