[mapserver-users] Changing WMS Styles on the FLy

Guillaume Sueur no-reply at neogeo-online.net
Sat Oct 17 03:47:51 EDT 2009

Hi Bill,

SLD would definitely be the best way to achieve that. You can pass XML
string in the GetMap, but the limitation of url length in browser won't
allow you to go very far.
What you can do is build a default SLD file (generated from your mapfile
settings, mapscript has got functions for that), allow its edition on
the client side (modification of fill and stroke colors for instance),
and save it back to a temp (or not) location, with a specific name. Then
send getMap again with SLD parameter pointing to that new SLD file. Note
that the sld file must be accessible for mapserver with http.

Don't hesitate to ask for more,

Regards,

Guillaume