[mapserver-users] Any ways to increase performance of Mapserver?

Pavel Iacovlev iacovlev.pavel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 04:45:08 EDT 2009

Fast-cgi is one process that manages all your connections (acts more
like apache module) cgi creates a new process for every connection so
fast-cgi is faster and consumes less resources.
The best performance you should get with tilecache serving TMS(If it's
supported by your client, openlayers supports it), images are request
directly so there is almost no overhead

http://iap.md, The future is open