[mapserver-users] AGG renderer: Is there a way to disable the antialias feature with pattern brushes?

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 15:22:45 EDT 2009

Håvard,

I guess it wouldn't be so straighforward to have the renderers work on a
common image format to provide this kind of co-operation. Currently the
imageObj structure contains renderer specific information and those may use
internal buffers to render the image.

At the moment I would see 2 options to provide specifying exact fill
patterns;

1. Change the AGG driver to have an option to render the pattern tile images
by using GD.
2. Modify the behaviour of rendering the pixmap (image) symbols so that the
pixel colors would take over the colors of the style.

With regards to the HATCH symbols it's not so usable in my case, as I'd
require to specify the symbols in that way which can be used with the
MapInfo data and the STYLEITEM "AUTO" settings. Since the MapInfo patterns
are mapped to single SYMBOL definitions (like mapinfo-brush-27 etc.) I
cannot rely on further settings of the style (like angle and width) and the
SYMBOL definition should be "self-contained".

Best regards,

Tamas