[mapserver-users] Serialize MapObj of phpmapscript

Pavel Iacovlev iacovlev.pavel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 12:03:13 EDT 2009

I have a script that dynamically generates images via phpmapscript
(the data is dynamic and is based current users configuration stored
in a database).
The work flow is the following: Fetch layers, classes, styles
configured by user from database and create mapserver objects based on
this data.

Now the question is I am doing this on every request is it possible to
“serialize” somehow the mapobject and store in some cache backend and
just alter the extents when new request arrives ? At the moment I
can't do this because map object contains “handles” and “references”.
I am already storing the styles, layer configuration in memcache, but
I want to store the entire mapobj in it and clear the cache then user
modifies something.

Any solutions/ideas/tips ?

P.S. Can't use tile cache because the data is dynamic.

--
http://iap.md, The future is open