[mapserver-users] Maps based on external data

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Sep 23 17:19:20 EDT 2009

Hi There,

   maybe using OGR join to achieve that could be a solution. Check the
following post:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapserver-users/2004-November/002149.html

   On a MapServer layer you can do something like:

   LAYER
     CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
      CONNECTION "/test/my_shape_file.shp"
     DATA "SELECT ..."

   END

regards,

Varun saraf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using mapserver to generate map overlays for google (using
> tiles). I was wondering if there is a way in which I can color code
> the map based on external data (data not available in the dbf file). I
> was able to join the external data and display to the user when a
> click event happened but could not figure out a way in which mapserver
> can color code using expressions and classes. Is the only way to this
> is combining the external data with the existing dbf file?
>
> Thanks,
> Varun

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst