[mapserver-users] Same name for GROUP and layer NAME ?

Ivan Mincik ivan.mincik at gista.sk
Thu Apr 1 08:53:22 EDT 2010

On Thursday 01 April 2010, you wrote:
> I dont see any trouble on it. They are separate attributes.

Yes, they are separate attributes in mapfile, but in WMS URL, we can use layer NAME or GROUP in LAYERS= parameter as
value with the same meaning.
Also in GetCapabilities XML there is <Name>mylay</Name> nested in another
<Name>mylay</Name>, so I am not sure if this is valid.

I don't see any error, but something in my mind tells me, that it is not the best idea. But, in fact I need this
behavior to solve some specific task.

Ivan