[mapserver-users] Rendez-vous OSGeo-Quebec, June 15-16, 2010

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Apr 9 15:45:28 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

Here is an announcement for a Quebec Local chapter event that may be of
interest to members of the MapServer community (see our great line-up of
speakers).

Hoping to meet some of you in Chicoutimi in June!

Daniel

*** A Rendez-vous with Free and Open Source Geomatics! ***

The Quebec Local Chapter of OSGeo is proud to announce the first edition
of Rendez-vous OSGeo Québec which will to take place in Saguenay,
Quebec, on June 15-16, 2010.

The date of the event also coincides with the second anniversary of the
local chapter which was created following a meeting at the same location
in June of 2008. A very dynamic community of over a hundred active
members has built around the OSGeo Quebec Local Chapter since its
creation 2 years ago and we feel that it is just the beginning.

Members of the OSGeo community will be invited to share their projects
and realizations, and visitors will have the exceptional opportunity to
meet and interact with our great line-up of invited speakers, some of
the key players of the North American OSGeo community, including (in
alphabetical order):

     * Steve Lime
     * Jeff McKenna
     * Tyler Mitchell
     * Paul Ramsey
     * Frank Warmerdam

In line with OSGeo's knowledge sharing and community networking
objectives, Rendez-vous OSGeo Quebec 2010 complement its rich conference
program with a good share of social events: an ice-breaker is planned
for the first night, and a boat cruise on the gorgeous Saguenay Fjord
will take place on the second night.

All the ingredients are there for a memorable gathering, and we hope
that many of you from the nearby OSGeo chapters as well as from the
international OSGeo community will join us in Saguenay in June.