[mapserver-users] Can map server do this?

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Mon Apr 26 10:51:18 EDT 2010

I can't tell from the example but it doesn't look like the map itself is oblique rather that the buildings are drawn in 2.5D.

If so, this probably can be reduced to a data pre-processing exercise. I created a small test case (see attached) where a the pieces of a cube are
drawn by MapServer. It was quick and dirty but it shows MapServer can possibly render like the example you referenced. Key is producing the
cube (sides, top, and bottom) data. I would expect that could be done ahead of time via a script where you offset the footprint in the y direction
by a height value and then compute the sides- each as a separate shape. I suppose it would be possible to create a plugin layer for this type of
data (footprint + height) but easiest route is probably data pre-processing....

Something to try anyway.

Steve