[mapserver-users] Re: Raster Strategies Examples

Edi.Karadumi edikaradumi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 03:48:47 EDT 2010

i dont have problems to calculate the scale of an image, because im using one
of mapserver apps, fusion to show the map and it has widgets do display the
scale of a zoom in/out, or i just use map.scaledenom to show the current
scale. My problem is how to find the scale where i should create the new
mosaic overview. I have read that we should not use more than 4 tiles to
display a request from the client, the Quadtree Structure or Q-Tree. As i
have read we should start with max zoom than zooming out till performance
decreases. That will be the breakpoint of the new scale. But i cant
calculate it cuz i get different responses and im hosting the server so
practically i have more performance than other users in other places or
countries. Thnx all for the replies