[mapserver-users] maps all look squished

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Aug 20 11:54:04 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am pretty sure that it is a projection problem.  Open your shapefiles with some GIS program like QGis or OpenJUMP and you will see that they look the same as your Mapserver output.
If you want the output look different you must set Mapserver to reproject the data. It is possible only if you can tell in the mapfile correctly what is the projection of the input data.  If your shapefiles are missing the .prj files it is best to ask about the projection from the one one who has created the data.

Changing the projection parameter in both the input and output does not have any effect because then Mapserver just allways sees that input and output are the same and therefore there is nothing to do, just push the raw data ahead.

-Jukka Rahkonen-