[mapserver-users] Mapserver tile generation - google maps

Wim Vanbelle wimvanbelle at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 14:10:02 EDT 2010

Hi,

At first I did try with single full page requests to mapserver. However we
do intend to have a fullscreen map available for our customers. Which means
it will at least render 1024*768 png's. That would indicate that
panning/scrolling behaviour will not be fluent, as you have indicated.

We're quite pleased with the current tiling output and performance. Perhaps
I will need to write a proxy that translates tiles to actual boundary
requests and then add some buffer space there. Or take a look at Paul's
reply :). I'll try some things tomorrow if I have the time.