[mapserver-users] Re: GetFeatureINFO errors in Mapserver notoccurringin Geoserver.

Michelle Douvil mrdouville at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 2 14:03:09 EST 2010

Just an update to the problem we are having with the spatial views in
ORACLE/SDE..
It turns out that some, and I am not sure all, of our spatial views in SDE
9.1 will work with a GetFEATUREINFO request IF the OBJECTID is dropped from
the SVW.

This is not an ideal solution however, since other applications (Arcgis
Desktop, Geoserver etc), may start to have a problems without the OBJECTID
in the the SVW.

This is counterintuitive to what I understand about OBJECTIDs..
http://webhelp.esri.com/arcgisdesktop/9.3/index.cfm?TopicName=About_ObjectID_fields
http://webhelp.esri.com/arcgisdesktop/9.3/index.cfm?TopicName=About_ObjectID_fields

It would be great if we could narrow down what it is about OBJECTIDs in
Spatial Views that Mapserver does not like..

Many thanks!

Michelle