[mapserver-users] Maxextent , resolution and zoom issue

jbloc1878 at googlemail.com jbloc1878 at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 2 15:04:09 EST 2010

Hi, i have been struggling with this problem for some time now.

Basically I am trying to display two layers. 50k and 250K of the uk.
Can anyone explain further what resolution, maxextent and zoom values
I should have to display these layers correctly? My layers cover the
whole of the UK. I have tried quite a few different values however I
cannot make sense of how this works. The example I am referring to is
below.

Thanks for any help in advance

Create an options object that holds a limited set of map resolutions
and a maximum bounding extent to show the map. A new OS OpenSpace map
object is created by passing in our 'map' HTML div element id and the
map options.

1.      var options = {resolutions: [10, 5],
2.                    maxExtent: new OpenSpace.MapBounds(400000,
100000, 450000, 150000) );
3.      osMap = new OpenSpace.Map('map', options);
We now set the centre of the map and set the initial map zoom level to
1 (corresponding to the second defined layer in the resolutions array).

1.      osMap osMap.setCenter(new OpenSpace.MapPoint(400000,100000), 1);

Cheers